First Annual New Jersey Book Arts Symposium
A Sense of Place and the book arts contemporary perspectives
October 13, 1995
John Cotton Dana Library, Rutgers, Newark Campus Newark, New Jersey
- John DePol(wood engraver, book designer)
- Barbara Henry (typographer, graphic artist)
- Carol Joyce (book binder)
- [Barbara Mauriello] (bookbinder, book artist)
- Iris Nevins (paper marbler)
- Maria G. Pisano (print maker, book artist)
- Alexandra Soteriou (paper maker)
Paper: "Book Arts in New Jersey: Past, Present and Future" by Susan Swartzburg, Founding Member of the Center for Book Arts, New York."
Panel: "Book Arts and a Sense of Place" moderator: Michael Joseph, Symposium organizer, artists.
Response and Summary, Alison Weld, Assistant Curator, New Jersey State Museum.
Opening for Exhibition at John Cotton Dana Library, curated by Kathleen McShane,Ann Watkins.
(Exhibition at Archibald Alexander Library, New Brunswick. Book Arts: Seven Contemporary Perspectives.)Curated by M. Joseph and Susan Swartzburg; Catalogue cover design by Maria G. Pisano
Original program page in Wayback Machine